Hi All, Made a trip down to Wakodahatchee Wetlands yesterday. Always great
fun to get close up looks of the Great Blues and their chicks. I saw and
photographed lots of other interesting birds too. There was a hawk I didn't
recognize working the ponds, perching and diving on prey most of the day. I
was happy to get some decent flight shots but still wasn't able to i.d. the
hawk when I got home and had a good look at my images. I sent a close-up of
the hawk perched on a railing to my friend Tom Dunkerton who immediately
responded with his usual expert identification; juvenile Red-shouldered
Hawk. If you'd like to see some flight shots that give a good luck at the
juvenal plumage of a RSH, you might care to look here:

http://www.pbase.com/paleojack/image/122608946

http://www.pbase.com/paleojack/image/122609037

http://www.pbase.com/paleojack/image/122609043

Cheers,