While working an eco-tour in Port Canaveral I located a male Common Eider evolving into
breeding plumage.  This could quite possibly be the eider that Phyllis Mansfield originally
located around Feb. 11th???  Our boat passed within 20 ft and I forgot to pull out my camera.
I was able to get the captain to go back by and snap a few photos.  The eider was out back of
Grill's restaurant feeding on algae or barnacles attached to the floating docks.  Check around
long dock next to boat ramp where the large charter boat Big Game Fishing (moored with
bow facing north).

I also relocated the Glaucous Gull on the north side of the port out from Rustys.  Look across
at what looks like a sand dune.  It's where the port was dredged and widened for the cruise ships.  The gull was right of a yellow metal buoy laying on the beach.

Jim Eager
Cape Canaveral