The Tomoka Trifecta ended within 18 hours of its emergance.  Seems the 2 owlets have totally disappeared between my finding the eaglet along with the owlets and osprey on Thursday and when some ladies came down to see the owlets Friday AM.  They coulnd't find them and neither could I later that afternoon when they normally would be sitting up in the sunshine watching the fishermen.  I spent about 2 hours watching the nest today just in case they were hunkered down from the changing weather.  No signs of them.  THey really were too big to be totally unseen anyway.  I decided to check around the base of the eagle's nest but couldn't find feathers or other suggestions of remains.  And the owl nest is in too thick an area to climb into (with tics already making their presence known) to see if there were little bodies at the bottom.  No telling what happened for sure.  But, no more owlets for the time being.  Sorry.

Meret S Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL
TBBS, Tomoka State Park