At 8:30 this morning I saw the Common Eider on the north side of the inlet across from Grills.  It went onto land where the shipping containers are located and was preening next to Brown Pelicans and D. C. Cormorants.  If I had not seen it leaving the water, I would not have know it was on land, since there is some sort of barrier there.   Common Loon was swimming around the docks at Grills.

Phyllis Mansfield,
Cocoa Beach