At UAF, we have an early college program we run through our campus,
the Interior-Aleutians Campus.  Our coordinator for that program is
Sue McCullough.  We've taught both developmental English and Math
courses for this program as well as college-level courses.

Having taught for this program, I can say that the biggest factor is
adequate planning.  We have taught the students both in their schools
and in University classrooms.  University faculty teaching in a high
school need to have an orientation into high school procedures to
include policies involving students in the halls, bells, emergency
situation responsibilities, resource availability, advisors, computer
access, etc.

It is, however, quite rewarding to see students you've taught in a DEV
program in the HS, move into college level classes and be successful.

Sue can probably give you much more specific information on the
interface between HS and college from a logistical standpoint as well.

Ron

Ronald D. Illingworth
Professor
Interior-Aleutians Campus