College Academic Support Programs which is a joint venture sponsored by Texas College Reading and Learning (TxCRLA), Texas Association of Developmental Education (TADE), and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)is gearing up for its 29th annual CASP conference in El Paso, TX (Wednesday, October 13 to Friday, October 15, 2010). I would like to hear your thoughts about a relatively new conference strand regarding instructional strategy and social media, such as Twitter, IM, Facebook, Wikis, etc. While I can see how social media appeals to students in general and dev ed students in particular, I also understand there is some concern over use of social media in the classroom and evidence-based theory. Please weigh-in on this controversy.

sal

PS: I'm in no way advocating a bar or block of this type of presentation at CASP or any other conference. I'm simply interested in provoking a discussion.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Sara Weertz
Director, Supplemental Instruction
Angelo State University