Hi,

I have a network that I want to investigate for structural effects of
network dynamics. (Its around 600 nodes, snapshots of the network
every day, 30days )

- What I have seen from my longitudinal analysis from ORA is that the
networks overall measures like closeness, betweenness, average
distance have not changed much in this timeframe (betweenness from
0.08 to 0.085, closeness from 0.0008 to 0.0009 and so on...).
- When investigating sub communities of the network I see more
significant changes like for group A betweenness from 0.1 to 0.135, or
group B in closeness from 0.02 to 0.05.

My question is given that i have some additional covariates like
membership of a group, gender, age etc.. does it even make sense to
test for their significance in SIENA? I guess I can always test for
transitive triplets or balance effects and so on, but my question is
as a rule of thumb how much network dynamics is necessary to raise
reasonable conclusions.

Cheers and Thanks for your help
Thomas