Dear Colleagues,

The subject of getting from Milan-Malpensa airport to the center of the
city of Milan appears to be a weird one for my inaugural posting on this
list, but I recently worked in Milan, gathering data on
sixteenth-century networks of merchant-smugglers and can provide a
useful suggestion.

A comfortable, relatively fast train makes the trip between the airport
and Cadorna, at the Stazione Nord, pretty much in the center of Milan.
Cadorna is a metro hub for the green and red lines, and from there you
can go in all sorts of directions. A major tram stop is located there as
well. If you want to go to the Stazione Centrale for some reason (to see
Fascist magnificence?), you can make the trip directly on the green
line. A trip of a few stops on the red line will take you to the Duomo
and Milan's cultural center.

The train costs 11 euros. A single metro ticket costs one euro.

Enjoy the meeting.
Jack
--
Dr. J. B. "Jack" Owens, Ph.D.
Director, Geographically-Integrated History Laboratory