On my third attempt to see the Bar-tailed Godwit, Philip and I had great
views of it. It was there yesterday when we got there about 3:30 until
when we left at about 5:00 p.m. The campground is very crowded which may
make the birds leave the area. A two year old girl tried to run through
the flock but thankfully the mother stopped her. It seems that every kid
wants to run through the birds! This was a lifer for Philip and a Monroe
county bird for me. I was able to take some nice photos of the bird one
of which can be seen here:
http://www.southfloridabirding.com/images/tasphotos/DSC_4919bar_tailed_godwit.jpg

I may post other photos to my website later if I have time.

Larry Manfredi
Homestead, FL.
E-mail: [log in to unmask]