Subject:  Late March birding [birdPIX]
Hi all:
On 032510 I visited Sarasota Celery Field in Sarasota County.  With all the construction going on it was not as productive as in years previous.  The only decent pix from that place were a Red-shouldered Hawk and several Savannah Sparrows.  No rails as in previous years.  I did get some shots of Marsh Wrens at lake on Porter Rd. south of the Celery Fields.  The image of that bird was not all that great.
Later that date, 032510, I visited Ft. DeSoto to look for the Brown-crested Flycatcher.  Did not find that species.  Found a male Indigo Bunting that was transitioning into alternate plumage.  I did get fairly decent pix of the Great Horned Owls at North Beach [Ft D]
On 032710 We [Frances Sperl, Tom Carlisle & I] visited Ft. DeSoto where we found Reddish Egret at North Beach. We did find a Prothonotary Warbler at East Beach picnic area.  We did find the Brown-crested Flycatcher at North Beach.  Also on the 27th we stopped at the Royal Palm Cemetery in Pinellas County.  The only thing of interest we found here were the Bald Eagles nest and several Black-hooded Parakeets [these were new to Francie - a friend from Denver].
My next visit to Tierra Vista/Ft. DeSoto was on the 29th.  I found Cattle Egrets, Barn Swallow, Summer Tanager, Hooded Warbler – hoards of these guys at East Beach Picnic as well as a Summer Tanager.
At the East Beach Turnaround I found several peeps.  I grabbed a couple of shots of Western Sandpipers that are transitioning into alternate [breeding] plumage.  A couple of birds are getting their rusty coloration – crown, scapulars & wings .
I was at Ft. DeSoto on the 30th and observed Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, White-eyed Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, Prothonotary Warbler, Hooded Warbler,
Reddish Egret
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/4487002683/
Cattle Egret
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/4487002879/