Following the excellent directions given by other birders, I went to Carrabelle this AM, parked before Lot 2, and saw both Upland Sandpipers, using a scope, within 5 minutes of my arrival.

They were located in the tall grass near the road between lots 13 and 11, to the right of the yellow fire hydrant.

One was walking slowly toward the Right, and once lifted its wings as mockingbirds do.

The other sat near the sign for 13, as if on a nest, for several minutes, before walking slowly to the Right.

To keep from startling them, or causing them to migrate before they intend, I suggest that we stay away from the birds, viewing them from a distance--e.g. near the entrance to The Retreat at Three Rivers.

The directions, for those who may have lost the original message, is the following:

At the west end of the Carrabelle bridge, turn west on River Rd.  Go 1.5 miles west on River Rd, and take the right fork near the end.  The large pond on the Left is part of The Retreat at Three Rivers.

Follow the curve into Three Rivers entrance and park there.

Bill Phelan

Tallahassee