Hi all,

    The approaching front and the squall line ahead of it should be along the AL - NW FL coasts about mid-day tomorrow. The squall line will be narrow and move through pretty quickly. It may not even rain along the immediate coast and probably not out in the Gulf. Thus, I should think whatever fallout occurs will be brief, especially at the less isolated traps like Ft. Pickens and Ft. Morgan. Dauphin Island may fare better. Birds should not be heavily impacted but the shift to the SW during the morning should move them our way. The north winds, 15 - 20 mph Thursday night, may bring more down but the front should penetrate the southern Gulf and slow migration down for the weekend. Maybe we'll get lucky and more rain will materialize. Still, it's the only show in town and better than nothing. It can't get any duller than it is right now. Or can it?

Bob Duncan
Gulf Breeze, FL  (in the w. Panhandle)