Recently I was at a conference and someone (can not remember who or
where the conference was since I have slept in the meantime) was talking
about having five or six placement templates that helped the college place
students once they were assessed and went to advising. It would contain
such things as their scores, what programs they were in, or aspects of their
personal life such as the number of hours they worked. An example might be
that FTIC students taking 12 credit hours who demonstrated poor reading and
mathematics scores might be placed in a math/study skills learning community
with intense academic advising. A student that was FTIC and non traditional
might fit another profile.

Does anyone have such a system? Thank you. Rebecca Goosen, Dean College
Preparatory, San Jacinto College, Houston, TX