Allan,

This is a pretty thorny issue, and any sort of minimum is not
going to be the same for all quantities!

For example, you mentioned "centrality", and what is reasonable is going
to be different for different types of centralities.  (I believe that
there is a recent article by T. Valente and coauthors--- if I recall
correctly, and forgive me if I am messing up the reference---that
discusses various centrality measures.  I want to say that it appeared in
"Connections".  I'm sure there are several other relevant articles as
well.)

Also, I'd in general be cautious about saying that there is _any_
minimum with which I'd be definitively happy.  My preference on such
things is actually to see mathematically rigorous theorems that give guidance...

-----
Mason