Our article on blog mining below combines social network analysis with
content analysis:

Brian Ulicny, Mieczyslaw M. Kokar, Christopher J. Matheus, "Metrics
For Monitoring A Social-Political Blogosphere: A Malaysian Case
Study," IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 34-44, Mar./Apr.
2010, Special Issue on Social Computing in the Blogosphere.
doi:10.1109/MIC.2010.22

 DOI Bookmark: http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MIC.2010.22

The authors' automated framework evaluates blog posts in a
social-political blogosphere and, by aggregation, entire blogs
according to their relevance, specificity, timeliness, and
credibility. These metrics are superior to current methods in
information retrieval for blogs because they better reflect the
distinctive hyperlink structure of a social-political blogosphere than
do other methods. The authors chose the Malaysian social-political
blogosphere as a case study because of the role Malaysian bloggers
played leading up to that country's 2008 general election, and
afterward.

Brian