***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi Carl,

I think Drew Conway's presentation at: http://www.drewconway.com/zia/?p=1221 and http://www.drewconway.com/zia/?p=1485 will be interesting for you.

Best regards,
Mathias
http://scientometrics.wordpress.com

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Carl Nordlund <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear all,
I have recently installed the Windows client of the R language as I would like to play around with some of the SNA algorithms found in Žibernas blockmodeling package. One problem is that I simply don't know R (yet), so I'm digesting the refence manuals as fast as possible.

However, I guess there are plenty of SNA:ers who are using R in their analyses. Is there a SNA-specific reference to be found somewhere? I am certain that R is a very worthwhile language to learn - and I intend to! - but I'm sort of stuck on simple things like how to load/import network data into R... (I have tried using M<-read.table('myTabSeparatedData') but it adds row and column headers - plus that the resulting M object doesn't seem to be a Matrix object)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yours,
Carl

--