From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sébastien Heymann
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Netvizz, Facebook social network visualization with Gephi

***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi,

Netvizz, a Facebook application, creates a .gdf file describing either your personal network or the groups you are a member of, and let you import it into GUESS and Gephi.

There are of course many applications that let you visualize your network directly in Facebook but by being able to download a file, you can choose your own visualization tool, play around with it, select and parameter layout algorithms, change colors and sizes, rearrange by hand, and so forth.

Annoucement: http://thepoliticsofsystems.net/2010/03/22/netvizz-facebook-to-gephi/
App: http://apps.facebook.com/netvizz/
Tutorial: http://blog.sociomantic.com/2010/05/using-netvizz-gephi-to-analyze-a-facebook-network/

Best,
Sebastien Heymann

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.