Hi all,

I have a question: do you have references to research works that created profiles by clustering similar social networks?

I’ll explain the research problem we have to give you some background and details. The research objective is to explore the tradeoffs between physical transport and ICT mediated communication in an Indian city (i.e. with ICT do people travel more or less?) As population’s changing behaviors is not homogeneous, we assumed that change takes place along existing social relations in terms of a different balance between physical travel and ICT mediated communication.

Therefore, we plan to sample population, describe a few hundreds social networks (based on questions like “who are you in relation with?” “how frequently do you meet face to face?” “how frequently do you communicate via ICT?”) and cluster them according to network similarities. Those clusters would be ‘profiles’ to continue the research.

Are you aware of similar studies, not necessarily in the transport field?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Gianluca

Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC)
University of Twente

E-mail disclaimer
The information in this e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action in relation to the content of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete the message and any attachment and inform the sender by return e-mail. ITC accepts no liability for any error or omission in the message content or for damage of any kind that may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.