Herešs another post on cultural evolution, the seventh in the series. I plan
three more and then a post that will go up at the website for the National
Humanities Institute (USA).

In this post I step back from working out my own position on cultural
evolution and take a look at the current state of work in terms of the Two
Cultures issue. I assert (only that, as I donšt review the literature) that
most of the thinking is being done by scientists, or by people trained as
scientists, but that they donšt seem to know much about culture at a
detailed level (linguistics excepted) nor do they display much interest in
it. Therešs not much linkage to psychology either.

Humanists, on the other hand, simply arenšt interested in evolutionary
approaches to culture.

Once Išve run through that I preview the final three installments and then
add a note on design (based on an article in a recent American Scientist) .

http://new-savanna.blogspot.com/2010/06/cultural-evolution-7-where-are-we-at
.html

Best,

Bill Benzon