I found the website for Novaquatics who completed a comprehensive,
interdisciplinary report on urine-separating technologies such as the NoMix
toilet described in the article.  The website is very informative.  The
group has researched possible advantages and disadvantages of different
methods of storage, disposal, transportation, and treatment of the urine.
They mention that by storing the urine in a tank at the home and
transporting it to a wastewater treatment facility when full it could
eliminate the "morning peak" of nitrogen and phosphorus at the plant that
occurs during morning hours.  They also discuss potential treatments for the
removal of micropollutants like those arising from the use of
pharmaceuticals of which 70% typically leaves the body in urine.  The
subject of agriculture is also tackled by testiing urine as a fertilizer.

There is also an interactive tool that explains the technology behind the
NoMix toilet.

Novaquatics <http://www.novaquatis.eawag.ch/index_EN>

--
Lindsy Iglesias