Hello,
I suppose this one will suit you well:
Linton C. Freeman "The Development of Social Network Analysis: A Study in
the Sociology of Science"
(
http://www.amazon.com/Development-Social-Network-Analysis-Sociology/dp/1594577145/ref=pd_sim_b_5
)
Also you should look for Barry Wellman's articles on SNA.
Best wishes,
Alexander.

--
Alexander Semenov.
MA student

Graduate Student in Sociology at
State University - Higher School of Economics
http://www.hse.ru/eng