At 07:59 AM 7/9/2010, you wrote:

 >>I made a power point slide on this for a presentation a while
back, but it is not complete by any means.  Russ Bernard was very
helpful in putting it together with me.  Lynton Freeman also wrote a
short history which I think is on the INSNA site and maybe even in
wikipedia.  There is a short history outlined in Wasserman and Faust 1994.

linton freeman's book is the definitive history so far. it is
available on amazon, here

http://tinyurl.com/2vkgkpa

i reviewed the book in SN 27(4):377-384

russ bernard