You can get it via SQL query in Access... Assuming there is a table
(affiliations) that have two columns/fields (groupID,legislatorID), where
each row indicates that a certain interest group made a donation for the
corresponding legislator, then to get your one mode network the query will
be

select A.legislatorID,B.legislatorID, count(*) as weight from affiliations
as A inner join affiliations as B on A.groupID=B.groupID where
A.legislatorID<B.legislatorID group by A.legislatorID,B.legislatorID;

The above query will result in edges between legislators with weight field
indicating the number of donations received by both legislators by the same
interest group.

Best Regards,
---
Hossam S. Sharara