A few peeps suggested locavores in response to my bounded group query, but
we wound up not using it because no one could give estimates as to the
prevalence of the locavore phenomenon. I suspect that is more widely known
in the media than in the general population.

Instead we used the more lurid post-apocalyptic scenario that shows up in
SF, from Canticle for Leibowitz to Memories of a Survivor to Dahlgren to
recent Atwoods.

Also some groups that desire secrecy, altho I gather both the Taliban and
the US military are pretty leaky.

BTW, why is the word "locavore" rather than "locaLvore"?

  Barry Wellman