From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of H. Russell Bernard
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 9:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] History of social network analysis - references?

At 07:59 AM 7/9/2010, you wrote:

>>I made a power point slide on this for a presentation a while back, but it
is not complete by any means.  Russ Bernard was very helpful in putting it
together with me.  Lynton Freeman also wrote a short history which I think
is on the INSNA site and maybe even in wikipedia.  There is a short history
outlined in Wasserman and Faust 1994.

linton freeman's book is the definitive history so far. it is available on
amazon, here

http://tinyurl.com/2vkgkpa

i reviewed the book in SN 27(4):377-384

russ bernard