Dear Networkers -

I'm happy to announce the publication of the (hopefully first annual!)
Journal of Social Structure visualization symposium!

This represents a "live" experiment in social scientific publication, as the
symposium is open for viewer comments/exchanges with the authors in a form
of an open "dialogic review;"  where you as readers can comment on the
visualizations and authors (and other readers) can respond.  We hope this
sparks new ideas about network data presentation and look forward to a
lively (but polite and supportive) exchange.

The symposium page is linked from the "special issues" tab of the journal
webpage: http://www.cmu.edu/joss/  or you can find it directly here:
http://www.cmu.edu/joss/content/issues/vizsymposium.html .

I'd also like to take just a moment to thank Cindy Carroll, Cathleen
McGrath, Chris Kellen, and Robin Gauthier  for their help getting the issue
up.  There were significant technical challenges here and they did a
remarkable job.   Also deep thanks to the authors for their patience with
the entire process.

The issue will remain live and open for comments for about 4 months - unless
there are some still active threads; then we'll close it and archive the
full discussion sets as part of the JoSS catalog.

All the best,

Jim Moody, for the JoSS Editorial Team.