Hi Folks -

Just FYI, Duke will be hiring this year, ad below.   We're a very
network-friendly department, and Duke is actively building  in the area, so
please encourage your best students to apply.

All the best,

Jim Moody, Duke Sociology

Duke University. The Department of Sociology invites applications for a
tenure-track, assistant professor position to begin August 2011. Candidates
must combine evidence of theoretical contributions in their field with a
commitment to research and teaching. Candidates will be considered
regardless of field of specialization.  The department has special interest
in candidates with expertise in race/ethnicity, health/medical sociology and
economic sociology. We also have interest in candidates with the ability to
teach statistics and quantitative methods, and/or in the Markets and
Management Program.  Send electronic versions of vitae, writing samples and
three letters of recommendation addressed to Prof. James Moody, Chair,
Search Committee, Department of Sociology, Duke University, Durham NC
27708-0088, using the e-mail address [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  with the subject line "Junior Search."
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and considered until the position
is filled. We guarantee full consideration to applications arriving before
October 1, 2010.   Duke University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer.