From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Christian Steglich
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 8:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: trojan msw0vks.exe on Sunbelt XXX computers

Dear Sunbelt attendees,

while I found the conference great & well-organised (compliments to the
organisers!), as a downside, I think a word of warning is necessary as
well: I got a trojan virus file via the computers used for the
presentations on my USB stick, and afterwards on my laptop. My
colleague, who presented on a different computer, got the same virus.

The file containing the trojan is called "msw0vks.exe". It is an Italian
language virus, adding an additional, malicious action "Apri cartella
per visualizzare i file" to the list of options for handling memory
sticks - which looks suspicious when you have an English-language
computer, but can quickly be overlooked if the computer is Italian.

I have succesfully removed it with the PrevX software, other spyware
detectors should do the job as well.

Hope this doesn't affect too many of us,
Christian

--
_ __ ___ ____ ___ __ _ __ ___ ____ ___ __ _

Christian Steglich, researcher
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
University of Groningen
Grote Rozenstraat 31
9712 TG Groningen
The Netherlands