Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to some literature that deals with
the decay of information quality (and flow) with increasing social network
distance from the source.  I'm aware of some work, but perhaps I'm not
looking in the right places:

-regarding flow and homophily (Wu, Adamic, et al. "Information Flow in
Social Groups")

- Sorenson et al., "Complexity, Networks and Knowledge"

However, what I have found seems to relate more to transmission and
search/availability/propagation of information rather than accumulation of
errors.  Interestingly, I find references in a variety of papers to the
child's game of telephone in which information distortion occurs over a
chain of serial communications; surely someone has investigated this
question empirically on a social network?

I am particularly interested in empirical work (rather than purely
theoretical models).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dylan Walker