Hi, a colleague and I are writing up the findings of a comparative study of the U.S., Ukraine, and Norway based on 2008 survey data that asked the GSS "discuss important matters" name generator. We are comparing reported levels of social isolation, network size, composition, and face-to-face contact in relation to Internet and mobile phone use.

I am trying to track down other studies that have used the important matters name generator in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe, I would appreciate any citations that you can offer (if you send them directly to me, I will send a consolidated bibliography to the list).

Thanks you!

-Keith

Keith N. Hampton
Assistant Professor