Hi -

Locavores are an exponent of the internationally recognized Slow Food
movement.

Int'l:	http://www.slowfood.com/

USA:		http://www.slowfoodusa.org/

Slow Foods may be a better starting point for a 'bounded group' and
federated, distributed networks.

"... estimates as to the prevalence of the locavores phenomenon..."

Ironically, my personal awareness of locavores, then call eating locally,
originated from the Toronto network and Ontario communities around 2004.

Check --

http://toronto.foodontario.com/article.php?article=feature-locavore

http://slowfood.to/

I predict you will find widespread, robust and flourishing network patterns
and structures.

Remember, like so many good things, the worldwide industrial food
establishment, the global transportation complex, packagers, supermarkets,
fast foodies, etc., would very much prefer and have taken steps to keep Slow
Foods and the locavore movement away from, "the general population."

-j

John Maloney
The Future of Networks
Mail: http://1id.com/=jheuristic