Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:21:21 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Ego-network measures/UCINET shortcuts
To: [log in to unmask]

Afternoon,

 Some help required analyzing ego-network data in
UCINET:

I have 88 ego-networks, with a total of 606 alters. To start
with, I am using UCINET to gather some basic measures of the ego-networks to
allow me to compare them  measures such as density, geodesic distance
etc etc.

So far, and this is my first social network data analysis
experience, I have been using UCINET point and click method (network->cohesion->blah)
 which, as you can imagine, becomes rather tedious after only 10 or so
ego networks have been analysed for ONE of the many measures that are possible.

So, are there shortcuts? Can I paste all my data into one
spreadsheet separated into 88 groups and run one measure at a time using that?
Or, can I gather more than one measure at a time for each network ( a bit like:
network->centrality->multiple measures)? Or something completely
different?

Or, should I use something other than UCINET?

Thanks in advance of any help,

Carl