Hi Folks –

Just FYI, Duke will be hiring this year, ad below.   We’re a very network-friendly department, and Duke is actively building  in the area, so please encourage your best students to apply.

All the best,

Jim Moody, Duke Sociology

Duke University. The Department of Sociology invites applications for a tenure-track, assistant professor position to begin August 2011. Candidates must combine evidence of theoretical contributions in their field with a commitment to research and teaching. Candidates will be considered regardless of field of specialization.  The department has special interest in candidates with expertise in race/ethnicity, health/medical sociology and economic sociology. We also have interest in candidates with the ability to teach statistics and quantitative methods, and/or in the Markets and Management Program.  Send electronic versions of vitae, writing samples and three letters of recommendation addressed to Prof. James Moody, Chair, Search Committee, Department of Sociology, Duke University, Durham NC 27708-0088, using the e-mail address [log in to unmask] with the subject line “Junior Search.”   Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and considered until the position is filled. We guarantee full consideration to applications arriving before October 1, 2010.   Duke University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.