If anyone better versed in online sn cares to respond, please contact Ms. Hesse directly and let me on Ben Elbirt know.  Thanks!

From: Monica Hesse [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Washington Post interview

I'm working on a story for the Washington Post related to Facebook's recent benchmark of 500 million users. I know that the concept of an online social network is based on the much older concept of a general social network -- but I'm curious as to whether the advent of things like Facebook have changed understandings of the way that social networks function, and whether online socnets have changed the way we interact with each other.

I would love to ask someone from INSNA a few questions, and I can be reached at 202-334-4831.

Best,

Monica Hesse

John Skvoretz, Professor and Carolina Distinguished Professor Emeritus

President, International Network for Social Network Analysis

Department of Sociology

University of South Florida

4202 E Fowler Ave, CPR107

Tampa, FL 33620-5550