Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to some literature that deals with the decay of information quality (and flow) with increasing social network distance from the source.  I’m aware of some work, but perhaps I’m not looking in the right places:

-regarding flow and homophily (Wu, Adamic, et al. “Information Flow in Social Groups”)

- Sorenson et al., “Complexity, Networks and Knowledge”

However, what I have found seems to relate more to transmission and search/availability/propagation of information rather than accumulation of errors.  Interestingly, I find references in a variety of papers to the child’s game of telephone in which information distortion occurs over a chain of serial communications; surely someone has investigated this question empirically on a social network?

I am particularly interested in empirical work (rather than purely theoretical models).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dylan Walker