Yolanda and all,

We have a summer bridge program funded by our Student Support Services grant
which is specifically geared towards first-generation, low-income and
students with disabilities.  We have new staff this year, so aspects of the
program are likely to change, but it has the 30 or so students that come one
week before orientation and are provided activities to foster social and
cultural experiences, and sessions to help them to adjust to college. (I
have frequently done a session on how college is different from high school
and they also hear from professors about how to interact in the classroom).
They are introduced to many resources and staff around campus and we make
particular efforts to connect with them so that they feel like they have
many people that are supportive of them.

Hope that helps,

Joy

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Yolanda Clarke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am the Director of Academic Enrichment Services at Ithaca College.  I
> would like to know how many of you are involved in a Prefreshman Summer
> Experience for incoming students?  Can you tell me if you are and describe
> your program very briefly?
>
> Thank you,
> Yolanda Clarke

> browser to

This email communication is confidential.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use, or disclose the contents of this
communication to others.  Please notify the sender that you have received
this email in error by replying to the email or by telephoning (608)
363-2572.  Please then delete the email and any copies of it.  Thank you.

Joy

Joy de Leon
Assistant Dean of Students
Director, Learning Enrichment and Disability Services
Beloit College
700 College Street
Beloit, WI 53511
(608) 363-2572 (office)