Sara and others,
Making e-access to our services intuitive and simple is critical. At
Fresno City College our learning center spearheaded an effort we call
FCCwise <http://fccwise.fresnocitycollege.edu/> . We've found that
college websites are necessarily comprehensive and vast but miss the
mark on being succinct, easy to navigate, intuitive, and student
focused.

FCCwise <http://fccwise.fresnocitycollege.edu/>  is a student essentials
website:
What are the essentials of getting students in?
What are the essentials of getting students through?
What are the essentials of getting students beyond?

What do students want to find on a campus website (or student portal)?
*        Information that is accurate, accessible and relevant - ONLY
THE ESSENTIALS
*        Social networking - with an academic twist - BLOG
*        Light and easy interaction - POLL
*        Visual/interactive how-to's or where-to's - ROADMAP TO SUCCESS;
VIDEOS; VIRTUAL TOUR
What works?
No scrolling
Visual driven - hypertext
Very little text
Simple navigation

Just food for thought. And, with all websites and/or web pages,
continuous change is ongoing and necessary.
Best,

Ray M. Sanchez
Fresno City College
Student Learning Support Services