From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michele Doney
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TutorTrac Advise Needed

Hi Laura,

Our experience has been a bit less positive than Jan's, although it's encouraging to see that there are satisfied customers out there.  I will send you details off-list if you like, but to quickly summarize:

1. The software is still buggy.  Things often work fine one day and suddenly stop working for no reason.
2. A few features we depended on in 3.0 are missing from 4.0, such as some features for managing resources.
3. We purchased two additional profiles so different centers could use different settings.  There is a some weird interaction between the profiles that should not be happening and that Redrock has not been able to explain.  We have had to disable some settings because of this.
4. We have a difficult time getting timely tech support, and we find the documentation (the online wiki) is often not adequate for us to try to solve technical issues on our own.

There are definitely some things about 4.0 that we like, but the bugs and unfinished pieces make it feel like we're beta testing the software rather than using a finished product.  I think version 4.0 is going to be really terrific 6 months or so down the road, but it's not quite there yet.

Michele Costabile Doney
Coordinator, Math and Science Tutoring
NCLCA Certified in Learning Center Leadership, Level One
John Jay College of Criminal Justice