My favorite customer service tool is the video "Give 'em the Pickle"  It's more slanted toward retail, but it is a fun presentation with an upbeat message - and a nice section on teamwork.  The main message is to give the customer what they want -- which often has to be adapted for tutoring centers.  We follow up with a discussion on how to give the customer what they NEED, rather than WANT.

Our HR dept also has a video about how to communicate difficult messages in a positive way -- I just can't come up with the name of it at the moment.

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Utah Valley University
Math Lab Manager
801-863-8411

>>> "Sharon Juenemann" <[log in to unmask]> 7/27/2010 5:38 PM >>>
Hi colleagues,

I'm looking for for free, preferably online, customer service training resources for my staff.  I'd be interested in anything from Powerpoint presentations to YouTube videos.  My specific goal is to help my staff (mostly students) develop skills in 1) dealing with difficult situations/people and 2) "thinking yes" - focusing on a positive message even while telling a student "no."

Thanks!
Sharon

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://www.mhcc.edu/lsc>