The Florida Ornithological Society Records Committee met yesterday (31
July) at the Florida Museum of Natural History. Among the 50 or so
submissions assessed, we accepted two new species to the Official State

Ancient Murrelet, 15 Dec 2009, Volusia Co. (specimen)
Red-legged Thrush, 31 May 2010, Brevard Co. (photos)

That brings the list up to 510 species.

We also accepted records for the following species with fewer than five
accepted records:

Yellow-nosed Albatross, Key West, 2009
Neotropical Cormorant, Viera, 2009
Neotropcial Cormorant, Wakulla Co, 2009-10.
Bar-tailed Godwit 28 Mar 2010, Flamingo
Surfbird, 14 Mar 2010, Levy Co.
Atlantic Puffin, Martin Co. Jan 2010 (specimen)
Atlantic Puffin, Breavrd Co., Feb 2010
Long-eared Owl (two specimens from the 1990s)
Green-tailed Towhee (1 Nov 2009 - 10 Mar 2010, Escambia Co.)

A number of other submissions were accepted. Details will be posted on
the FOS website within the next few months, and I will personally
contact all who submitted records and reports.

Keep up the exciting birding in Florida!

Andy Kratter
Secretary

members:
Sally Jue