Dear all

I am trying to find research that describes/models networks of drug users, both in terms of how they connect to and use with other drug users, and how they connect to various forms of 'recovery capital' (the social, institutional, community-based connections that facilitate and support recovery: for example, family/friends, treatment services, potential employers).

I would also be interested in any research that has been done on the 'contagion' of recovery among drug users in network terms.

I am having difficulty finding such work, so would appreciate any references/ideas.  I will, of course, summarise any replies into a reference list for this group.

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes, Steve Broome

Director of Research, RSA
http://www.thersa.org/