Dear David and colleagues,
My apologies for not posting the full list of references. I will insert below the list of references I used in the publication for which I needed the references.  I hope that this will be helpful.  My paper,  'Social network analysis and psychological research',  The Irish Journal of Psychology, 2007, 28, 1-2, pp. 53-61, was designed to introduce psychologists to the social network approach and to demonstrate its value to psychologists, so it is introductory rather than advanced.
  References
    Almack, J. C. (1922). The influence of intelligence on the selection of associates. School and Society, 16, 529-530.
Baerveldt, C., Van Rossem, R., Verwande, M. and Weerman, F. (2004).  Students’     delinquency and correlates with strong and weaker ties.  A study of students’     networks in Dutch high schools. Connections, 26, 11-28.
  Batagelj, V. and Mrvar, A., (2003)  PAJEK – Program for large network analysis         (See www.insna.org software).
  Borgatti, S. P., Everett, M. G. and Freeman, L. C. (2006) UCINET 6 Social network  analysis software (See www.insna.org software).
  Bott, E. (1957). Family and social network. London: Tavistock Publications.
  Bott, H. (1928). Observations of play activities in a nursery school.  Genetic     Psychology Monographs, 4: 44-88.
  Brugha, T. S. Ed. (1995). Social support and psychiatric disorder – research  findings and guidelines for clinical practice.  Cambridge  University Press,             Cambridge.
  Coleman, J., Katz, E.  and Menzel, H. (1957).  The diffusion of an innovation among physicians,  Sociometry, 253-270.
  Connections (1977), 1, 1, 18.
  Craven, P.  and Wellman, B. (1973).  The network city, Sociological Inquiry, 43, 3-   4, 57-88.
  Curtis, R., Friedman, A., Neaigus, B., Goldstein, M. and Ildefonso, G.  (1995).            ‘Street-level drug markets:  Network structure and HIV risk,’ Social           Networks, 17, 3-4.
  Ennett, S. T.  and Bauman, K. E. (1994). The contribution of influence and selection      to adolescent peer group homogeneity:  the case of adolescent cigarette   smoking.  Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 67, 4, 653-663.
  Fischer, Claude, S. (1982). To dwell among friends.  Berkeley, University  of  California Press.
  Frank, O. (1988).  Random sampling and social networks:  a survey of various  approaches.  Mathematiques, Informatique, et Sciences Humaines, 26, 19-33.
  Frank, O. (1980).  Sampling and inference in a population graph.  International           Statistical Review, 48, 33-41.
  Freeman, L. C. (2004).  The development of social network analysis: a study in the             sociology of science. Vancouver:  Empirical Press.
  Freeman, L. C. (2000).  Visualizing social networks.  Journal of Social Structure, 1,   (1).
  Kilduff, M. (1992). The friendship network as a decision-making resource:        Dispositional moderators of social influences on organizational choice.           Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 62: 168-180.
  Kilduff, M. and Krackhardt, D. (1993).  Schemas at work:  Making sense of    organizational relationships.  Unpublished manuscript.
  Kirke, D. M. (2006a). Teenagers and substance use: social networks and peer  influence, Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke and New   York.
  Kirke, D. M. (2006b). Gender and chain reactions in teenagers’ social networks, Connections, 27, 1, 15-23.
  Kirke, D. M. (2004).  Chain reactions in adolescents' cigarette, alcohol and drug use:    similarity through peer influence or the patterning of ties in peer networks?,             Social networks, 26, 1, 3-28.
  Kirke, D. M. (1996).  Collecting peer data and delineating peer networks in a   complete network,  Social Networks, 18, 4, 333-346.
  Kirke, D. M. (1995). Teenage peer networks in the community as sources of social  problems:  a sociological perspective, in T. S. Brugha, (Ed), Social support and psychiatric disorder – research findings and guidelines for clinical practice  (pp. 174- 194). Cambridge:  Cambridge  University Press.
  Krackhardt, D. (1990).  Assessing the political landscape:  Structure, cognition, and  power in organizations.  Administrative Science Quarterly, 35, 342-369.
  Krackhardt, D. (1987). Cognitive social structures.  Social Networks. 9, 109-134.
  Labianca, G. and Brass, D. J. (2006). Exploring the social ledger;  Negative      relationships and negative asymmetry in social networks in organizations. Academy of Management Review, 31, 596-614.
  Labianca, G., Brass, D. J. and Gray, B. (1998). Social networks and perceptions of      intergroup conflict:  the role of negative relationships and third parties. Academy of Management Journal, 41, 55-67.
  Marsden, P.V. (1990).  Network data and measurement, Annual Review of    Sociology, 16, 435-463.
  Moreno, J. L. (1934). Who shall survive? Washington D. C.:  Nervous and Mental     Disease Publishing Company.
  Moreno, J. L. (1932).  Application of the group method to classification.  New York:  National Committee on Prisons and Prison Labor.
  Pattison, P. and Robins, G. L. (2002).  Neighbourhood based models for social   networks.  Sociological Methodology, 32, 301-337.
  Pattison, P. (1994).  Social cognition in context:  Some applications of social     network analysis.  In S. Wasserman and J. Galaskiewicz, (Eds.), Advances in        social network analysis in the social and behavioural sciences (pp. 79-109).  Newbury Park, California:  Sage.
  Robins, G. L., Pattison, P. and Elliott, P. (2001).  Network models for social    influence processes.  Psychometrika, 66, 161-190.
  Scott, J. (1991).  Social Network Analysis – a Handbook, London, Sage.
  Steglich, C., Snijders,T. A. B.  and  Pearson, M. (2004). Dynamic networks and   behaviour:  Separating selection from influence.  Working Paper.  Groningen      University.
  Snijders, T. A. B., Steglich, C. E. G., Schweinberger, M. and Huisman, M. (2005). Manual for SIENA version 2.1, Groningen:  ICS, Department of Sociology.       http://stat.gamma.rug.nl/snijders/siena.html.
  Sprenger, C. J. A. and Stokman, F. N.(Eds.) (1989).  GRADAP:  Graph Definition   and Analysis Package, Groningen, Progamma.
  Todd, D. M. (1979).  Social networks and psychology, Connections, 2, 87, 88.
  Trimble, D. (1980). A guide to the network therapies.  Connections, 3, 2, 9-22.
  Wasserman, S.  and Faust, K. (1994).  Social Network Analysis:  Methods and
              Applications.  Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
  Wellman, B. (1926). The school child’s choice of companions.  Journal of       Educational Research, 14, 126-132.
  Yair, S. (1995).  ‘Unite unite Europe’ The political and cultural structures of Europe  as reflected in the Eurovision Song Contest.  Social Networks, 17, 2, 147-            161.

   Please do make further contact with me if I can be of further help.

With my best wishes,

Deirdre