From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Saundra Y McGuire
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Research on advantages of dual enrollment courses?

Hello Listers,

Does anyone know of any research discussing the learning/academic advantages of students coming into a University setting having already been exposed to a college learning experience.  One of my colleagues is interested in getting funding to offer a dual enrollment course (for high school students), and wanted to include this info if possible.  Please let me know if you know of any references I can share with her.

THANKS!
Saundra

Saundra McGuire, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Learning and Teaching
Professor, Department of Chemistry
736 Choppin Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803