On our campus, we were told at the beginning of the fall semester not to require e-books due to copyright questions.  As for students buying textbooks of any variety of Amazon or other sites, many of our students are "locked" into buying their textbooks at the campus bookstore due to financial aid constraints.

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of French, Christine
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 11:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Electronic textbooks

Hi All,

Has anyone found a better way of providing students with disabilities with textbooks in either PDF or Word format?  Normally I special request the books in electronic format after the students have purchased the hard copy textbooks.  If a textbook is available in digital format from Amazon, may we ask the student to purchase the electronic format directly?

Christine French
Coordinator, Special Needs Program