Pat Gladstone and I spotted the Red-necked Phalarope west of the parking lot on John Morris Road between 7:30 and 8:00 AM this morning.  The Phalarope was in a mixed group of Piping and Semipalmated Plovers, Dowitchers and Skimmers, and after bathing, it flew low to the East.

We spent the rest of the morning at Six Mile Cypress Slough.  The Pop Ash area was most productive:  American Redstarts, Hooded Warbler, Yellow-throated Warbler, Blackburnian Warbler, Ovenbird, Pine Warbler, Prairie Warbler, Northern Parula, Black and White Warbler, lots of Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Tufted Titmice, Carolina Wren, White-eyed Vireo, Downy, Hairy and Pileated Woodpeckers.

A lovely day in the neighborhood!

Ruth Woodall
Estero, FL