Moses,

The following may also be helpful:

Networks, Information and Brokerage: The Diversity Bandwidth Tradeoff

Best

Sinan

Sinan Aral
Assistant Professor, NYU Stern School of Business.
Research Affiliate, MIT Sloan School of Management.
Personal Webpage: http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~saral
SSRN Page: http://ssrn.com/author=110270
WIN Workshop: http://www.winworkshop.net