The literature on " the interlocking corporate directors"  might be helpful?

Peace, GM

From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julia Carboni
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 2:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] Question about interlocking networks

Hi Zachary,

If you are trying to create a network with more than two modes of data (e.g.- two distinct groups and a set of actors), the following paper may be useful.

Fararo & Doreian. 1984. Tripartite structural analysis: Generalizing the Breiger-Wilson formalism. Social Networks 6(2): 141-175

The paper is theoretical, and I don't know of many empirical uses of this type of data.   My dissertation is focused on a tripartite network, and I would be happy to discuss this further if you'd like.

Best,
Julia Carboni