Hi Moses,

You can have a look at Uwe MATZAT Social networks and cooperation in electronic communities. A theoretical-empirical analysis of academic communcation and internet discussion groups. ICS PhD Series 2001

However there is probably a lot more since.

Best regards,

Ainhoa

Hello,

I would appreciate if you could send me any available literature on
the social network analysis of mailing lists you may know about. I'm
familiar with a few works but in particular what I'm looking for is
around the network among members of a mailing list which is formed
when member X replies to member Y in the context of some thread
(specified by the subject of the mailing). Thus, this network would be
a valued directed graph, where the weight of an arc from X to Y would
signify the number of messages (in the mailing list) in which X has
replied to Y throughout any number of threads. Furthermore, please
inform me on any available software which would derive such a (valued)
directed graph from the text archive of the messages in a mailing
list. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

--Moses

Ainhoa de Federico de la Rúa
Maître de Conférences
Responsable des Relations Internationales
Permanences RI:
Tous les mercredis de 14 à 16 au bureau 1661 Bât 10.

Département de Sociologie et d'Anthropologie
Université de Toulouse 2 - Le Mirail
Bureau: 1661
Tel:  +33(0)5 61 50 43 91
Fax: +33(0)5 61 50 40 28

Membre du LISST-CERS (CNRS-UMR 5193).
Maison de la Recherche
Bureau: B 335
Tel:  +33(0)5 61 50 38 69
Fax: +33(0)5 61 50 38 70

5, Allées Antonio Machado
31058 Toulouse CEDEX 09

e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Portable: +33(0)6 62 37 35 18

Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire,
Solidarités, Sociétés, Territoires
http://w3.lisst.univ-tlse2.fr

REDES: Revista hispana para el análisis de redes sociales
http://revista-redes.rediris.es

International Sociology
http://iss.sagepub.com/