Caught and banded my first Swainson's Thrush today at Tomoka State Park.
FINALLY!!!!!!  Recaptured an Ovenbird I banded on Sept 12, recaptured Sept 19
and again today containing no fat.  Me thinks it might stay the fall, hopefully
the whole winter.  Also recaptured a Black-throated Blue Warbler male that I
banded last Sunday.  It is still here and also shows no sign of putting on fat.
This surprised me.  And, while taking 2 migrants out of one of the nets SIX
Tufted Titmice flew in, one after another into that same net!  Lots of high
pitched squeeking.  Lastly, the Peregrine Falcon is STILL here.  About a month
now since I first noticed it, maybe a little longer.  The marsh has some Swamp
Sparrows and a few Sedge Wrens now, plus 2 adult female Northern Harriers, one
on each side of the marsh where the road divides.  Caughat another Sharp-shinned
Hawk hunting down into a flock of Common Grackles causing about 100 to take
flight out of the pines.  The first Eastern Phoebe also came in to the south
side.  Nice day!!!!!!
 Meret S Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL
TBBS, Tomoka State Park