This morning, 10/23, there were virtually no gulls on the beach at all.  The reason was a Merlin perched on a post eating a small bird.  The Merlin allowed me to approach fairly closely before it finished its meal and then departed.  Once the Merlin left, the birds began to return and I found a 5th Franklin's Gull. This makes five days in a row that at the same place and at the same time a different individual Franklin's Gull has appeared.  Attached is a comparison of each bird. The location is on the beach just north of the north jetty in the town of Ponce Inlet, Volusia County.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet